85 Years Ago - April 29, 1936
April 28, 2021
85 Years Ago
April 29, 1936
A gasoline stove explosion caused a fire which completely destroyed the house at the Ray Stauffer farm eight miles northeast of Haxtun Thursday evening. The two-story frame and its contents were consumed by the driving flames before an attempt could be made to bring the blaze under control. Mr. Stauffer, who lives alone, succeeded in putting out the flames on his clothes by jumping into and rolling in a pile of shelled seed corn in an extra room off the kitchen. He was forced to make his exit by kicking out a window.
Miss Elsa Reiche left Haxtun this week fo...